3:30 P.M.
Dad got moved from ICU back to the Allen Heart Rehab Center early this morning- before 8:00 A.M. This came as a surprise to us. We really had no idea when he would but figured it would at least be mid morning or after lunch.
Ben spent the morning with mom up at the hospital. He sent a video of dad walking for the first time today. Alex and Tony went up during the afternoon and Alex is still there now. Mom went home to try to rest for a couple of hours this afternoon which is really great. Today I subbed for mom at Peet. I didn't realize how tired I was until this afternoon- I was worn out and ready to crash. Mark and I will head to the hospital shortly and be there tonight. Alex sent me the latest update...
Dad has to walk a full lap around the rehab center 4 times a day. The nurses said most people don't even make it 1 time around. Alex said he's already made a full lap 2 times today and he's aiming for another lap tonight. Eating is a struggle but he is powering through it. He is doing very well all things considered. Alex said all the nurses seem to enjoy dad as a patient.
Dad wants to thank everyone for their continuing prayers for his recovery!
7:30 P.M.
Dad ate a good supper. He likes the strawberry shortcake dessert. He did make it walking another time around the loop and he is getting pretty tired now. The nurses say he is doing great. The nurse that just got off told the new nurse that she wants dad back tomorrow. She said she wants to give him a hard time tomorrow- she knows him well :) He is following orders very well and doing what he needs to do to get better.
Dad got moved from ICU back to the Allen Heart Rehab Center early this morning- before 8:00 A.M. This came as a surprise to us. We really had no idea when he would but figured it would at least be mid morning or after lunch.
Ben spent the morning with mom up at the hospital. He sent a video of dad walking for the first time today. Alex and Tony went up during the afternoon and Alex is still there now. Mom went home to try to rest for a couple of hours this afternoon which is really great. Today I subbed for mom at Peet. I didn't realize how tired I was until this afternoon- I was worn out and ready to crash. Mark and I will head to the hospital shortly and be there tonight. Alex sent me the latest update...
Dad has to walk a full lap around the rehab center 4 times a day. The nurses said most people don't even make it 1 time around. Alex said he's already made a full lap 2 times today and he's aiming for another lap tonight. Eating is a struggle but he is powering through it. He is doing very well all things considered. Alex said all the nurses seem to enjoy dad as a patient.
Dad wants to thank everyone for their continuing prayers for his recovery!
7:30 P.M.
Dad ate a good supper. He likes the strawberry shortcake dessert. He did make it walking another time around the loop and he is getting pretty tired now. The nurses say he is doing great. The nurse that just got off told the new nurse that she wants dad back tomorrow. She said she wants to give him a hard time tomorrow- she knows him well :) He is following orders very well and doing what he needs to do to get better.
Comments
Post a Comment