Sunday... it will be quick update tonight as we are tired and ready for bed :)This morning we headed to church before going to the hospital. Veronica got her Bible today during service so that was a fun thing to see.
Anyone who knows our family well knows that every Sunday we eat lunch together. Typically my mom does what she does best and makes lunch. It didn't seem right not to have lunch all together today so we brought Sunday lunch to the hospital. The doctors told my dad he does not have any diet restrictions right now or this week, so we enjoyed ourselves some Four Star pizza from none other than the OP (The Other Place for those out of towners who may be reading this), some fruit and of course cupcakes for dessert from my cousin Natalie. We also got spoiled and later had Cookie Crave cookies - which I ate too many of :)
Dad's room is at the end of the hall, right next to a little lounge, which was perfect to set up shop for lunch and to have visitors during the afternoon. He was up and around most of the afternoon hanging out, just being himself. When nurses walked by they would look surprised and comment on the size of party that we had going on. One doctor came through and asked a nurse what happened... because they said usually when there are that many people in the hospital someone has passed away. Nope, just a lot of people who love a special guy coming to celebrate pre-surgery :)
I am thankful (I think we all are) for all of the time we have gotten to spend with my dad over the weekend. Tomorrow surgery will be around 11 or 12. There is one patient ahead of dad in the surgery schedule (as long as an emergency case doesn't give him another opportunity to practice his patience).It is in the Lord's hands and we will patiently wait during surgery. I am praying that my dad still has work left to do here on earth in order to advance the Kingdom of God, but as my dad told us today we all still have crosses to carry for Christ, "Carrying the cross forward daily is the call we need to live into."
And he is right. I was encouraged tonight by Mark's words as we were driving home. He said the way he sees it, it's a win-win situation. If my dad has more time here on earth, he will have more lives to touch with his testimony and we will get more years with him. If God calls him home, then he is in the best place he can possibly be, where we all look forward to being one day. Mark said maybe God's just been waiting for my dad to be right next HIM. Either way, I think he's right. It is hard to accept this truth when we are living in "our own little world" and thinking about our temporary lives here on earth. Yes, of course I want more years with my dad, but there will be a time when the Lord will take him home, and I celebrate that too because that is what we were created for- to bring glory to God. I believe my dad has brought a lot of glory to God here on earth.
I have been overwhelmed by the love you have all sent to my family. We appreciate it. Tomorrow will be a long day. Thank you in advance for the prayers.
P.S. I just thought of this as I was washing my face... (Maybe TMI [too much information, Grandma]). My dad is still making a difference in the hospital. One reason I really like being at the hospital is because I get to see him interact with all of the people that come in and out- hearing his wittiness but also hearing him share pieces of his heart and story with them. Today one of the nurses came in before she was off for the night. She told him she would see him Thursday and wished him good luck with the surgery. My dad said I don't want your luck I just want your prayers. God can do a lot more with prayers. She reassured him she'd be praying. Little things like that just put a smile on my face.
Enjoy the pics below from today :)
Anyone who knows our family well knows that every Sunday we eat lunch together. Typically my mom does what she does best and makes lunch. It didn't seem right not to have lunch all together today so we brought Sunday lunch to the hospital. The doctors told my dad he does not have any diet restrictions right now or this week, so we enjoyed ourselves some Four Star pizza from none other than the OP (The Other Place for those out of towners who may be reading this), some fruit and of course cupcakes for dessert from my cousin Natalie. We also got spoiled and later had Cookie Crave cookies - which I ate too many of :)
Dad's room is at the end of the hall, right next to a little lounge, which was perfect to set up shop for lunch and to have visitors during the afternoon. He was up and around most of the afternoon hanging out, just being himself. When nurses walked by they would look surprised and comment on the size of party that we had going on. One doctor came through and asked a nurse what happened... because they said usually when there are that many people in the hospital someone has passed away. Nope, just a lot of people who love a special guy coming to celebrate pre-surgery :)
I am thankful (I think we all are) for all of the time we have gotten to spend with my dad over the weekend. Tomorrow surgery will be around 11 or 12. There is one patient ahead of dad in the surgery schedule (as long as an emergency case doesn't give him another opportunity to practice his patience).It is in the Lord's hands and we will patiently wait during surgery. I am praying that my dad still has work left to do here on earth in order to advance the Kingdom of God, but as my dad told us today we all still have crosses to carry for Christ, "Carrying the cross forward daily is the call we need to live into."
And he is right. I was encouraged tonight by Mark's words as we were driving home. He said the way he sees it, it's a win-win situation. If my dad has more time here on earth, he will have more lives to touch with his testimony and we will get more years with him. If God calls him home, then he is in the best place he can possibly be, where we all look forward to being one day. Mark said maybe God's just been waiting for my dad to be right next HIM. Either way, I think he's right. It is hard to accept this truth when we are living in "our own little world" and thinking about our temporary lives here on earth. Yes, of course I want more years with my dad, but there will be a time when the Lord will take him home, and I celebrate that too because that is what we were created for- to bring glory to God. I believe my dad has brought a lot of glory to God here on earth.
I have been overwhelmed by the love you have all sent to my family. We appreciate it. Tomorrow will be a long day. Thank you in advance for the prayers.
P.S. I just thought of this as I was washing my face... (Maybe TMI [too much information, Grandma]). My dad is still making a difference in the hospital. One reason I really like being at the hospital is because I get to see him interact with all of the people that come in and out- hearing his wittiness but also hearing him share pieces of his heart and story with them. Today one of the nurses came in before she was off for the night. She told him she would see him Thursday and wished him good luck with the surgery. My dad said I don't want your luck I just want your prayers. God can do a lot more with prayers. She reassured him she'd be praying. Little things like that just put a smile on my face.
Enjoy the pics below from today :)
![]() |
| The happy patient getting a quick X-Ray :) |
![]() |
| Cuties:) Great to have Alex home! |
![]() |
![]() |
| Getting in some reading :) |
![]() |
| Lunch lunch lunch!! |
![]() |
| A mirror pic to see all the people :) |
![]() |
| Love them :) |
![]() |
| Love this family!!! |










Comments
Post a Comment