The Sunday I came home from my bachelorette pary, Mark was pretty anxious to see me. (This may not come off as a big surprise, I know ;)) All he really wanted to do was get to his (soon to be our) house. So we walked in the front door and I noticed the living room was looking pretty clean. I admired his worked and went into the kitchen to find our new shelf we got from a shower, hanging in the kitchen. This was pretty exciting and it added a great touch to the kitchen.
He mentioned that I should go look at his room, because he cleaned that too. So I did, and the door to what will be our bedroom was closed. I asked him if he did anything in there and he gave me a little smirk and said, "not really." Not really? psh.
I opened the door and there was sitting our bed, with a new headboard and our new comforter on it and a tall black dresser in the bedroom. This was a perfect surprise to end the weekend. I was honestly just expecting there to be a small white dresser sitting in the bedroom, so I could start moving some clothes in.
Story behind the furniture:
Last summer my mom purchased a head and baseboard bed set and a dresser from a friend. She painted all of it black and was planning to use it in our guest bedroom at home. I secretly (or maybe not so secretly?) fell in love with this bed set and always admired it in our guest bedroom. My mom said I could have my old white dresser to use in our room, so a couple of weeks ago, in my mind, I settled with the white dresser. (I think deep down inside I was hoping I could have the black set). Unbeknownst to me, before I left for the weekend for my bachelorette party, my mom had given a Mark a heads up to call her when he wasn't with me. So he did as she asked and she offered him the furniture for a price. He jumped on the offer and an opportunity to surprise me, and had everything moved in before I got home. Perfect surprise.
Thanks Mark, thanks Mom and Dad!
Picture to come of our new bedroom? Hopefully :)
He mentioned that I should go look at his room, because he cleaned that too. So I did, and the door to what will be our bedroom was closed. I asked him if he did anything in there and he gave me a little smirk and said, "not really." Not really? psh.
I opened the door and there was sitting our bed, with a new headboard and our new comforter on it and a tall black dresser in the bedroom. This was a perfect surprise to end the weekend. I was honestly just expecting there to be a small white dresser sitting in the bedroom, so I could start moving some clothes in.
Story behind the furniture:
Last summer my mom purchased a head and baseboard bed set and a dresser from a friend. She painted all of it black and was planning to use it in our guest bedroom at home. I secretly (or maybe not so secretly?) fell in love with this bed set and always admired it in our guest bedroom. My mom said I could have my old white dresser to use in our room, so a couple of weeks ago, in my mind, I settled with the white dresser. (I think deep down inside I was hoping I could have the black set). Unbeknownst to me, before I left for the weekend for my bachelorette party, my mom had given a Mark a heads up to call her when he wasn't with me. So he did as she asked and she offered him the furniture for a price. He jumped on the offer and an opportunity to surprise me, and had everything moved in before I got home. Perfect surprise.
Thanks Mark, thanks Mom and Dad!
Picture to come of our new bedroom? Hopefully :)
Comments
Post a Comment