We celebrated one year (already!!) on August 6th! I won't bore you with how I can't believe how fast it has gone (although it really has gone fast).
A couple short things I've learned about myself the past year:
I love being a wife.
I have found much joy from serving my husband. In particular, I love to make a meal for him. What I need to improve in- chores :)
I am more selfish than I think.
This may seem odd for someone to read, but there are many times when I learn just how many selfish desires I have that inhibit me from being the wife I am striving to be and that God has called me to be. I am thankful for these awakenings.
Can't wait for many more years to come with this wonderful guy!!
Mark took the day off for our anniversary. We considered taking a weekend trip. However, after being in New York for 10 days, then heading to Okoboji for 3 days- we had only been home for a couple of days since all of our traveling. What sounded most relaxing to us was being home with each other. We spent part of the day painting a room in our house, had a special delivery of cupcakes from Beth and Courtney, two of our employees and friends, and had dinner at Brown Bottle. Of course, we ate our wedding cake as well :) We had a fun time celebrating!

Comments
Post a Comment