One of the first questions that was asked on the way to lunch on the first day was:
"Mrs. Iehl, what are you eating for lunch?"
Then followed:
"Are you eating in the cafeteria?" and "What did you pack?"
I explained that I packed a PB & J and an orange. I ended up eating in the classroom for lunch with Mrs. Clapham. So today, day two, similar questions were asked. "Did you pack a lunch again? Is it PB&J?"
One little boy in particular asked me if I could eat with them in the lunch room. He said, "Oh, c'mon, lunch is the fun part of the day! That's where we get to talk and eat!"
I thought this was pretty cute by itself. Well then, we are in the lunch room getting kids settled and the same little boy stands up and after getting my attention shouts (not really too loud) across at me, "Mrs. Iehl! Go get your lunch and come sit right here!" (Pointing at the spot next to him). I had kind of wanted to eat with the kids at least one day and see how they interact with one another at lunch. I told Mrs. Clapham what he said and she encouraged me to stay and eat with them.
So, I did. I popped myself down in the middle of seven 2nd grade boys. Needless to say, I learned a lot about 2nd grade boys at lunch today!! ;) :) It was fun to sit and connect with them. It's so easy for me to connect with the girls but I think the boys feel a little more nervous/intimidated but at lunch, they jumped right in asking questions and letting me ask about themselves. I had fun :)
"Mrs. Iehl, what are you eating for lunch?"
Then followed:
"Are you eating in the cafeteria?" and "What did you pack?"
I explained that I packed a PB & J and an orange. I ended up eating in the classroom for lunch with Mrs. Clapham. So today, day two, similar questions were asked. "Did you pack a lunch again? Is it PB&J?"
One little boy in particular asked me if I could eat with them in the lunch room. He said, "Oh, c'mon, lunch is the fun part of the day! That's where we get to talk and eat!"
I thought this was pretty cute by itself. Well then, we are in the lunch room getting kids settled and the same little boy stands up and after getting my attention shouts (not really too loud) across at me, "Mrs. Iehl! Go get your lunch and come sit right here!" (Pointing at the spot next to him). I had kind of wanted to eat with the kids at least one day and see how they interact with one another at lunch. I told Mrs. Clapham what he said and she encouraged me to stay and eat with them.
So, I did. I popped myself down in the middle of seven 2nd grade boys. Needless to say, I learned a lot about 2nd grade boys at lunch today!! ;) :) It was fun to sit and connect with them. It's so easy for me to connect with the girls but I think the boys feel a little more nervous/intimidated but at lunch, they jumped right in asking questions and letting me ask about themselves. I had fun :)
Comments
Post a Comment