Skip to main content

Learning to Ski

Over Christmas break, Mark and I headed to Afton Alps with his sister Kristin and two of his brothers, Caleb and Aaron.  Caleb and I had never skied before and I was a little nervous about the day, but also excited. 

Turns out I am really not that bad after all!  I did fall a few times, but never while going down a slope.  The times I fell were when I was stopped or at a bottom of a slope and I would literally just plop over.  Needless to say, Mark had to come to my rescue a few times.  What a guy.  The weather was great (as all of winter really has been) and we had a fun day of skiing.  We packed lunches and ate in the car, and at the end of the day we treated ourselves to some Applebees and crashed on the way home.  (Except our daring driver Caleb and his passenger Kristin!)  We were so exhausted at the end of the day but it was such a fun day to spend together.  Below are some pictures :)



I love this picture... Mark was laughing so hard after he went down a black diamond.

Kristin and I waiting for the boys while
they were going down the black diamond!
Mark and I got to go skiing for a second time again in February!! We went on the junior high Ski & Shop trip as leaders.  We spent Saturday skiing and Afton again and Sunday went to the Mall of America.  This time I braved a couple of the Black Diamonds-- Mark did a lot more :)  We had a fun time on the trip hanging out with the students and other leaders.  The bus we rode on definitely had the best students on it... :)  It was a fun weekend away,  we were exhausted at the end of it!!!

Comments