...of course it involves food :) HA! Before Recess today one little girl came up to me (I could write a whole other post about her) and admiringly (is that a word?) asked me what my favorite food was. Little did she know that is a very hard question and so we talked about it a few minutes in the classroom and joined in with a few other girls talking all the way down the hall ;) (quietly of course! ;))
Just about every food I listed (chocolate, steak, potatoes, fruit etc.) they would say, "Ooooh, me tooooo." They told me all about the foods they ate and kept asking questions like:
This may seem like a pointless post to many of you but the conversation I had about food with these girls was a relationship builder. Through the conversation they knew they could ask me questions and I was able to show interest in their favorite foods as well. If you could only see their eyes when I would say a food I liked.
I love the learning that takes place in the classroom, but I also love to get to know these students on a personal level in the in-between times :)
More to come on some actual learning and teaching that's taking place :) Hopefully some pictures too :)
Just about every food I listed (chocolate, steak, potatoes, fruit etc.) they would say, "Ooooh, me tooooo." They told me all about the foods they ate and kept asking questions like:
- What's your favorite fruit?
- What's your favorite candy?
- Do you like kiwi?
- Have you ever had...?
This may seem like a pointless post to many of you but the conversation I had about food with these girls was a relationship builder. Through the conversation they knew they could ask me questions and I was able to show interest in their favorite foods as well. If you could only see their eyes when I would say a food I liked.
I love the learning that takes place in the classroom, but I also love to get to know these students on a personal level in the in-between times :)
More to come on some actual learning and teaching that's taking place :) Hopefully some pictures too :)
Comments
Post a Comment