This semester I was introduced to Pinterest. If you have not checked out Pinterest, you definitely should :) But beware, it can become addicting:)
One of my friends signed up for Pinterest and from hearing her talk about it, I decided it was something I should try, but not until I had time to be distracted! So, over Thanksgiving break, I signed up.
Needless to say, I have found SO many neat craft ideas, recipes and ideas for the home. Even a few ideas for my kids someday. :)
Anyway, over this three week long Christmas break, I will be working about 30 hours a week during two the weeks. Needless to say, I will have A LOT of time to do absolutely nothing (this is the job I typically get all my homework done at; no homework= nothing to do). So, I decided that I would try to find a few things I could do over break. Pinterest has been the source of these projects, as well as many other blogs I have found through Pinteresting ;) :) I have already accomplished two of the projects :) So, I thought I'd share--
Project One: Recipe file Binder
This was a hard project for me to commit to. However, after talking to my wonderful husband, I decided it would be a good idea. When I was in 4-H, I started a project when I was in 5th grade: a recipe file. This file consisted of 10 new recipes each year, and they had to be recipes I had made and liked. I continued this recipe throughout my 4-H years, building a large file (about 100+ recipes!) Needless to say, this has become quite a treasured possession of mine (and special!) The recipes are color coded by year and its fun to see what kinds of recipes I added over the years and how my handwriting has drastically changed! However, my recipe file was getting a little full and I have had so many recipes I have wanted to add lately. Thus, I decided to type up all of my recipes while at work and create a binder to store my recipes.
I am excited to use this binder, but will definitely keep my recipe file as a keepsake :)
Project Two: Fridge Storage Caddy
I honestly do not even know what to call this project, but I found it on a Blog one day as an option for storage on your fridge. The example I saw was made out of a cereal box, but I decided that might be a little big for my fridge. I went with a cake mix box for size!
I just cut the top flaps off the box and cut down the front side of the box to make an opening. I then covered it in scrapbooking paper. I will then hang it on the fridge with fridge clip magnets. Super easy!! At first I wasn't even sure what I would use it for, I thought maybe mail or coupons. I realized this would be a PERFECT place to keep a calculator, pen and scissors for Tropical Sno stuff in the summer. Last summer the pens, calculator and scissors were constantly laying around the kitchen. This will be a great place to keep all of that miscellaneous stuff we use everyday during the summer. (I may also use it for coupons for now!)
I'm excited to do some more projects over break... hopefully even a few sewing projects! :) One more project done last week that I will post about later!
One of my friends signed up for Pinterest and from hearing her talk about it, I decided it was something I should try, but not until I had time to be distracted! So, over Thanksgiving break, I signed up.
Needless to say, I have found SO many neat craft ideas, recipes and ideas for the home. Even a few ideas for my kids someday. :)
Anyway, over this three week long Christmas break, I will be working about 30 hours a week during two the weeks. Needless to say, I will have A LOT of time to do absolutely nothing (this is the job I typically get all my homework done at; no homework= nothing to do). So, I decided that I would try to find a few things I could do over break. Pinterest has been the source of these projects, as well as many other blogs I have found through Pinteresting ;) :) I have already accomplished two of the projects :) So, I thought I'd share--
Project One: Recipe file Binder
This was a hard project for me to commit to. However, after talking to my wonderful husband, I decided it would be a good idea. When I was in 4-H, I started a project when I was in 5th grade: a recipe file. This file consisted of 10 new recipes each year, and they had to be recipes I had made and liked. I continued this recipe throughout my 4-H years, building a large file (about 100+ recipes!) Needless to say, this has become quite a treasured possession of mine (and special!) The recipes are color coded by year and its fun to see what kinds of recipes I added over the years and how my handwriting has drastically changed! However, my recipe file was getting a little full and I have had so many recipes I have wanted to add lately. Thus, I decided to type up all of my recipes while at work and create a binder to store my recipes.
I am excited to use this binder, but will definitely keep my recipe file as a keepsake :)
Project Two: Fridge Storage Caddy
I honestly do not even know what to call this project, but I found it on a Blog one day as an option for storage on your fridge. The example I saw was made out of a cereal box, but I decided that might be a little big for my fridge. I went with a cake mix box for size!
I just cut the top flaps off the box and cut down the front side of the box to make an opening. I then covered it in scrapbooking paper. I will then hang it on the fridge with fridge clip magnets. Super easy!! At first I wasn't even sure what I would use it for, I thought maybe mail or coupons. I realized this would be a PERFECT place to keep a calculator, pen and scissors for Tropical Sno stuff in the summer. Last summer the pens, calculator and scissors were constantly laying around the kitchen. This will be a great place to keep all of that miscellaneous stuff we use everyday during the summer. (I may also use it for coupons for now!)
I'm excited to do some more projects over break... hopefully even a few sewing projects! :) One more project done last week that I will post about later!



Comments
Post a Comment