It was our goal over Christmas break to work with the footage from our wedding and make a video out of certain clips we like and our favorite moments/pictures of the day. We also wanted to make a few shorter videos from some parts of the ceremony. I started a little bit today, and decided to make this separate clip of what we appreciate about each other from the ceremony. These videos will be fun to look back on some day and I hope to add a few of them over the next few weeks. Enjoy the video below :) I've also included our written responses.
A few things Haley appreciates about Mark
1. His Heart after God
--Mark has always had a strong desire to follow God, trust his will and lead me in our relationship accordingly. He is always seeking to dig deeper into God's truth and lead me spiritually as well. I love that he leads our relationship spiritually and puts the Lord first.2. His quirky sense of humor
--Most people do not experience this side of Mark. I truly think my family has just begun to see this side of Mark in the last couple of years. To most people Mark is serious, determined and reserved. Not long after our friendship and relationship developed did I get to see this side of Mark. He is weird beyond belief and loves to laugh at his own jokes. I love when this side of him comes out.
3. Responsibility
--He is the most responsible man our age that I know. (I may be biast). From the time we knew God was calling us to get married at a young age, Mark was thinking ahead of how we would make it work. He worked hard in school and graduated from college early so he could have a job before we got married. This was something he was working towards since high school, which is something most seniors in high school don't think about. There are so many other examples I could list.
4. Legs
--Definitely my favorite physical characteristic of Mark. Especially when he wears his short soccer shorts! (This really isn't a rare occurrence). More than just his legs though, I appreciate that he loves to be active and that we can be active together. What a blessing.
5. Protector
--He always has my best interest in mind. Mark is always watching over me and always has my back. Not only does he watch over me, but he keeps me in line when I don't want to be :) . He works hard to help me continue to strive to be a women of noble character. He is not over protective, just a caring, loving, protector.
- Her desire to be a godly wife and mother.
- I am excited that Haley not only has a genuine desire to be both a wife and a mother (eventually…), but that she wants to do so according to the Bible and how God has defined the roles, purposes and attitudes thereof. I don’t think that this is something that originally attracted me to her, but that has rather grown throughout our relationship. I think this is because (a) we were in our mid-teens when we met and (b) both of us have taken an interest in learning about what God says our roles and responsibilities are. We have both come to realize that, just like most things, the way we are called to live is counter-cultural but clearly more effective. It has been exciting and encouraging for me to have discussions around this topic and see that we can both not only agree, but also get excited about where God wants us.
- She looks to me to lead
- I think that this is an aspect that I have gradually grown into as we have built up both love and respect. It has become especially clear throughout our engagement that Haley likes to have me to turn to when she is frustrated, stuck and burned out. I very much appreciate that she is willing to look to me when decisions need to be made (she is a planner, not a decision maker – we have found out there is a major difference). Along with that, I have learned that this is a huge responsibility for me to take on as she often turns to me to lead in difficult situations and when I don’t necessarily feel like doing whatever she needs done. I am definitely a work in progress to fill this role that she is graciously willing to create out of vulnerability.
- Her cooking, sewing, planning skills
- I must admit that these are some of the things I found attractive about Haley when we first met. Haley was in 4H – at first I thought that meant she had an uncle with a farm where she kept her pigs, horses and cows, then Brenda and Haley enlightened me. I was (and certainly still am) very excited to find out this girl could cook. I knew how to cook from my mom and boy scouts, but it seemed (at least in Mrs. Patterson’s Family & Consumer Science classes) that most girls really didn’t know what they were doing or care to learn. Today its even more awesome when we can plan on having dinner together and we don’t need to go out to eat, but she will have an amazing dinner all ready for me when I get home. Oh, and added bonus – she can sew too!
- Her ability to not only keep track of both our schedules, but to also encourage me in doing things that are on my plate and not hers
- Haley is a planner. I am an organizer. She likes to know when and how something is going to get done. I like to just get it done. This can lead to conflict between us as she wants to think about thinking about things when I prefer to wait until things just need to be done. I really have no idea how she does it, but she seems to always know my schedule, her schedule, the tropical sno schedule and then she can sync all of them in her head to know who and what needs to be where and when it needs to happen. It amazes me and I take it for granted way to often. I love having her to talk me through daily plans and forcing me to make one for the next day – we get so much more accomplished in a day as a result.
- Her attractiveness
- Yes, I do mean this in the way most people associate a groom’s attraction to his bride. I think Haley is one heck of a good-looking lady. I found this to make the whole date but don’t get too physical thing very hard but I’ve got a feeling that its about to become a blessing. I plan to enjoy and marvel at this for a long time to come. However, I do realize that beauty is incredibly fleeting at the same time. It won’t be long till we are too old to run together, too tired to stay up past sunset and, frankly, dead. But what I love about Haley is that she is attractive to me in so many ways. All of the items on this list fall into this category, but I feel like this is something in and of itself. I don’t know that the credit for this goes so much to Haley as it does to God for putting together such peculiar people together in such an amazing way.
Comments
Post a Comment