Today I go back to work. There are days over my maternity leave that I forgot I was even a teacher. A baby does that to you - consumes & enthralls you and steals your heart.
I've known this day would be hard for a long time. I've been praying about it for weeks. There were some days I felt guilty about going back and leaving Abby and other days that I felt guilty about having a bit of a desire to be back.
God has given me a sense of peace about where I am today. I've been called, at least for this year, to teach and love my 21 fourth graders. It will be more challenging than ever, with my precious babe in the back of my mind. That's where you people come in. I'm thankful for you. For all of you who have told me you will pray for me today. For those of you who have said it will be hard. I'm thankful Abby will be in great hands. I'm thankful for all of you who have supported us over the last 9 and a half weeks, whether it be through prayer, helping hands, food, etc. It really does take a village to raise a child.
Thank you.
Comments
Post a Comment