... Well it's busy -- and I knew it would be.
The school year has kicked off to a great start. I am working in a great school, with great co-workers, a great team and a super class of 4th graders! I absolutely love it.
I love teaching more than I thought I would. It is crazy busy and I still love it. However...
I quickly learned the first couple weeks of school the struggle of balancing work life and home life. There is so much to be done, especially as a first year teacher. There are always papers to be checked, a desk to be cleaned, an idea for the classroom or a file that needs to fit my organizational needs.
Going into the school year, I knew I would be busy. I knew I would just be trying to keep my head above water. However, I didn't think I would have a hard time balancing work and home. I've had plenty of jobs before and with managing Tropical Sno I thought I was used to having a lot on my plate. I was wrong. The job of a teacher is never ending.
I have healthy desires to do a great job at work. I want to work hard. I want to be organized. I want to be successful in what I do.
However, in the last few weeks I have seen those healthy desires slowly turn into sinful desires, as work began to become a new normal and my duties as a wife were placed on the back burner.
It is my heart's desire to serve and seek after the Lord this year amidst the chaos and to serve my husband well. This has meant telling myself enough is enough and working to be more productive when I do have time to work in my classroom. It has meant deciphering between selfish, sinful desires and an honest desire to do my job well. The Lord is teaching me a lot this year and I am so thankful I am learning and hearing these things now, rather than down the road.
Lord, use me in my home, to serve my husband, to submit to him and love him as you have called me to. Use me in my classroom to serve you with love, patience and kindness; to impact the lives of my students.
The school year has kicked off to a great start. I am working in a great school, with great co-workers, a great team and a super class of 4th graders! I absolutely love it.
I love teaching more than I thought I would. It is crazy busy and I still love it. However...
I quickly learned the first couple weeks of school the struggle of balancing work life and home life. There is so much to be done, especially as a first year teacher. There are always papers to be checked, a desk to be cleaned, an idea for the classroom or a file that needs to fit my organizational needs.
Going into the school year, I knew I would be busy. I knew I would just be trying to keep my head above water. However, I didn't think I would have a hard time balancing work and home. I've had plenty of jobs before and with managing Tropical Sno I thought I was used to having a lot on my plate. I was wrong. The job of a teacher is never ending.
I have healthy desires to do a great job at work. I want to work hard. I want to be organized. I want to be successful in what I do.
However, in the last few weeks I have seen those healthy desires slowly turn into sinful desires, as work began to become a new normal and my duties as a wife were placed on the back burner.
It is my heart's desire to serve and seek after the Lord this year amidst the chaos and to serve my husband well. This has meant telling myself enough is enough and working to be more productive when I do have time to work in my classroom. It has meant deciphering between selfish, sinful desires and an honest desire to do my job well. The Lord is teaching me a lot this year and I am so thankful I am learning and hearing these things now, rather than down the road.
Lord, use me in my home, to serve my husband, to submit to him and love him as you have called me to. Use me in my classroom to serve you with love, patience and kindness; to impact the lives of my students.
Comments
Post a Comment