There has been a lot on my mind lately... which is mostly what this post is about.
The school year has ended and here I am with three weeks of what I call "summer" before I begin taking my very time consuming summer class and get in the whirlwind of Tropical Sno for another summer. Right now I am working at the Admissions Office part time until my class starts. It has been a nice little break so far from all of the school work and busyness of the semester.
Needless to say, a few things have been rolling through my lately, some of which are below.
1. When will we find the house we are going to buy/how will I know that it will be the right house?
This question rolls through my mind everyday. Maybe every hour. Okay, probably not, but I think about it a lot. To both Mark and my surprise, I have not been worried about the fact that in 2 months we will be living in a different place, yet we have no idea where that will be. However, I still think about it daily and I just pray that the Lord will direct our steps in this.
2. I will really miss Natalie this summer.
This has been on my mind more recently. Today, we said goodbye to Natalie for 3 months. I don't think I've ever not seen Natalie for 3 months. Let's just say I (we) will miss Natalie a lot while she is in Haiti. It is definitely where she is supposed to be this summer, but that does not change the fact that she will be missed. Sigh...
3. What will Student Teaching be like?
In April I found out that I will be student teaching at Hansen Elementary and Dike Elementary. I am SO excited to start and be in the classroom. However, I am nervous :) What if I can't keep up with the planning? What if I don't teach things right? What if the students parents are uneasy about having me as their students' teacher for 4-5 weeks? I can only wait to find out!
4. Do we really have enough Tropical Sno employees?
This seems really dumb, but this thought comes to the surface quite a bit. I love Tropical Sno, but I have really come to dislike scheduling people to work :) I always feel bad scheduling people on the weekends so often times I end up scheduling Mark and myself. We also value being flexible with our employees. This can become hard when numerous people need the same week off and we are very limited with employees. Thus, comes the question-- should we hire a few more people?
A few of things are silly but all of them are things that I have to submit to the Lord. It is in Him that I find peace and understanding. For now, I will just focus on getting dinner out of the oven :)
The school year has ended and here I am with three weeks of what I call "summer" before I begin taking my very time consuming summer class and get in the whirlwind of Tropical Sno for another summer. Right now I am working at the Admissions Office part time until my class starts. It has been a nice little break so far from all of the school work and busyness of the semester.
Needless to say, a few things have been rolling through my lately, some of which are below.
1. When will we find the house we are going to buy/how will I know that it will be the right house?
This question rolls through my mind everyday. Maybe every hour. Okay, probably not, but I think about it a lot. To both Mark and my surprise, I have not been worried about the fact that in 2 months we will be living in a different place, yet we have no idea where that will be. However, I still think about it daily and I just pray that the Lord will direct our steps in this.
2. I will really miss Natalie this summer.
This has been on my mind more recently. Today, we said goodbye to Natalie for 3 months. I don't think I've ever not seen Natalie for 3 months. Let's just say I (we) will miss Natalie a lot while she is in Haiti. It is definitely where she is supposed to be this summer, but that does not change the fact that she will be missed. Sigh...
3. What will Student Teaching be like?
In April I found out that I will be student teaching at Hansen Elementary and Dike Elementary. I am SO excited to start and be in the classroom. However, I am nervous :) What if I can't keep up with the planning? What if I don't teach things right? What if the students parents are uneasy about having me as their students' teacher for 4-5 weeks? I can only wait to find out!
4. Do we really have enough Tropical Sno employees?
This seems really dumb, but this thought comes to the surface quite a bit. I love Tropical Sno, but I have really come to dislike scheduling people to work :) I always feel bad scheduling people on the weekends so often times I end up scheduling Mark and myself. We also value being flexible with our employees. This can become hard when numerous people need the same week off and we are very limited with employees. Thus, comes the question-- should we hire a few more people?
A few of things are silly but all of them are things that I have to submit to the Lord. It is in Him that I find peace and understanding. For now, I will just focus on getting dinner out of the oven :)
Comments
Post a Comment