2018. It's 2018, and it's been two years since I've last blogged. There have been a few times that I have thought about picking back up where I left off, but honestly, life just happens doesn't it? The first years of teachings, adding two children to our family within 18 months of each other, life just happens. I have chosen to journal and write other places about the things going on in our lives, but not as consistently as I would like. In the past three months I have had more thoughts about getting back to blogging than I ever have in the past three years, and it just felt like it was time.
I haven't always considered myself a writer, but I know it's been a joy of mine since I was little. I used to spend hours in my room, coming up with new stories and books for my parents to read. I have loved to tell stories since I was little girl. My parents always provided space and encouraged me in that avenue, as I look back now.
Today is also the anniversary of another piece to my writing story. Five years ago today, my dad went in for open heart surgery. During his time in the hospital and throughout that journey, I chose to write. I chose to account for the stories that took place, and to share those with others. Laying in his hospital bed one of those days, my dad spoke life over that writing. He thanked me for writing, and reminded me of how much he loves to read my writing, and encouraged me to keep writing. I will never forget those words he spoke to me.
So, today, I'm going to pick it back up, in this spot. Some about our family, and some about what I am learning. I may add in a few more posts to fill in the gaps (and introduce you to our second daughter!). Mostly, I just want to write, because as I tell my students a lot of days: writing is fun, a great way to share with others, and most of all, a place of healing during hard times.
Comments
Post a Comment