Skip to main content

14 months- Abby Sue

I have not been keeping up on these as much as I wish I would... But here's an update on you, Abby Sue!

At 14 months you are walking strong!! You started walking at about 11 months and steadily just after your first birthday! You are even starting to run a little! 

You LOVE to talk! Some words you say are-
Dada, mama, ball, hi, bye, shhh, hot, uh oh, huh?, baba (baby) and thank you (only high pitched). You make the sounds papa and lalala. You also try to repeat words back that we say to you.  

You sign "more" and "all done"

In the last two months you have constantly been sticking your tongue out the side of your mouth. This has also brought about another major increase in drool... All. The. Time! 

You are made up of love, silly and sticker. You LOVE to give kisses to mommy, daddy, family and even baby sister in mamas belly. You also love to give hugs to your bear and Dolly's. Your newest thing is putting your Dolly's down for a nap, giving them kisses goodnight and saying "shhh." You also rock your babies. Did I mention you have to always have both babies with you?

Your daddy loves to fuel your inner silliness! You love to be chased around the house and you get the biggest grin on your face. You also love to pig pile on mommy or daddy. 

You can be quite the stinker sometimes :) when you are tired or just hyper, you Start to get into everything and anything you can. One of your favorites is eating the red potatoes from the pantry (raw). You also like to carry all of the dish towels around the house. Often times you get your stinker face on when you are doing these things too :) --eyes big, tongue out to the side, grinning! 

In the last month you have started to show such a growth in your learning and understanding. You cannot always communicate what you want, but you almost always understand what we say or ask you to do! Some things you know how to do are:
-Get a diaper and lay down to get it changed.
-Find your shoes and coat when it's time to go bye-bye.
-Put your babies down for a nap.
-Check the mail on your toy house. 
- Go to your high chair for a meal.
- Find your baby sister (mommys belly)
-Give a kiss
-Say goodbye
-Shoot the basketball 
-Find a book to read 
-Stir a pot of water or tea in your toy kitchen, and try some food.
... It is SO much fun to watch you learn these new things we teach you!!!

You a ball of sweetness, and we love watching you grow! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S A BOY!

Yep, we are having a boy!! These two girlies are going to love up on him more than he will know what to do with.  Let's just say after the first two girls, Mark was totally prepared to be an all girl dad.  When he saw the ultrasound and asked the technician if this ultrasound looked different than the last two, and she agreed, his response was, "Huh." He smiled at me and said, man, we have a lot to do.  The tech laughed throughout the ultrasound and kept whispering to me, "He's funny."  Mark would stare at the ultrasound, measurements, etc. and turn around every couple of minutes and say only a couple words, "Wow, this will be different,"  "It's really real,"  "Huh,"  "We've got to start a new spreadsheet of names."  We had a fun day finding out the gender, and Abby had fun seeing the baby on the ultrasound.  We didn't let her in on the secret of boy/girl, as she wanted to be surprised.  Poor Emma did...

Our girls

Oh these girls. I never imagined I’d have girls- plural. Maybe one girl, but not more than one. I always envisioned our family being full of boys, just as both of our families are, and many of the generations of families are that come before ours. To be completely honest, I kind of wanted it that way too - it's what I've always known. However, one summer day, when I pregnant with Abby, I could feel God changing me, placing this tenderness on my heart and whispering to me that I don’t make the plans, he does. I could tell that I needed to make a shift, that my heart wasn't in the right place, and that he was going to be working change in me. It wasn't that I didn't ever want a girl, I had just been so convinced for so long that we would have a boy first. Then, two girls?! Sisters are a new concept in our family. 3 boys, 1 girl. 5 boys, 1 girl. Even both of my parents sibling sets are made up of boys (plural) and one girl. Can I just say th...

Honeymoooooon!

Mark and I headed to the Dominican Republic the Monday following our wedding! We had such a great time but were definitely to get home to Cedar Falls at the end. We stayed at the Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana.  The resort was beautiful, ocean was beautiful, food was delcious and plentiful and we just had ourselves a nice trip :)  My favorite new thing I tried was probably the guacamole... this is a food that has always kind of grossed me out, but I decided to try it and it was so tasty! Mark was a big fan of the variety of meats at the Brazilian Grill restaurant (as was I).  We tried so many different meats that were cut off a skewer hot off the grill! Yummy.  Here are a few pictures from our trip :)