To my sweet Abby Sue,
I love when you look at me with those big blue eyes. You are becoming more and more alert these days.
We love you little girl and are so enamored by you. It is my prayer that you would come to know the Lord and love and serve Him whole heartedly.
You are a month old. My tired self cannot fathom how one month has already gone by since that night you made us parents.
You are our precious girl, our sweet pea, and blessing from God.
We had so much good advice and encouragement from mentors and friends throughout the pregnancy- tips, suggestions, recommendations- all to prepare us for your arrival. However, no one could have prepared us for the indescribable love that filled our hearts for you. I cannot look at you without thinking of the grace of God and his goodness. I don't deserve to be your mother but I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn this new role and be on this challenging journey. I promise you now I will mess up plenty of times along the way. We are learning together.
I don't want to forget these early days- marked with little sleep but lots of snuggles. Did I mention you fit perfectly with our family? You are the best of snugglers!
I love the way you curl up in a ball on my chest. You fit perfectly there, my little peanut.
Your eyebrows say so much. You have so many different looks that you display so often. My favorite? Your burp face. Your eyebrows go up and eyes get so big.
Every once in awhile you give us a sweet smile. We love those smiles.
When you are sleeping your eyes flutter so much and roll back into your head. Many times it looks like you are rolling your eyes at us.. I think we're in for it.
You've got your dads poor circulation. Your feet and hands are always cold!!
Many times you fall asleep when you are eating... especially during those early days. Your daddy had to wake you up to get you to eat. You didn't like that!
I love watching your daddy hold you. He is so in love with you and loves being your dad. He was made for this :)
The many Abby faces that we love...
Did I mention you love to have your hands up by your face??
Happy one month!











Comments
Post a Comment