Exactly 8 weeks ago, I asked my friend Brooke, "What does a girl do the day before she is going to become a mom?!" Little did I know, that exactly 8 weeks later, I would be asking myself that same question.
Here I sit, on the eve before our sweet girl will enter the world, thinking about how much life will change in less than 24 hours.
Last week at our 38 week appointment we found that our stubborn little gal was breached. This also happened to be the week I had scheduled my 22 parent-teacher conferences. The news sent this girl into a little bit of a shock and through a whirlwind and roller coaster of emotions. Thankfully I have a very emotionally stable husband:)
We spent the week going to the chiropractor, therapy and doing everything we could to get her to turn. We had a version scheduled for Friday morning, for doctors to try to turn her. This process was painful and unsuccessful - which left us scheduling a C section for 6 days later, on Thursday, October 30th. The doctors suggested Thursday or Friday, and I quickly claimed Thursday, as I was trying to avoid a Halloween baby :) What a relief it was to know that we were finally going to get to meet our girl - in God's timing and perfect way.
So here I sit. The night before I am going to become a mom. Tomorrow I will gain one more title/hat, one that I will hold onto for the rest of my life. I will be entering the trenches of motherhood. Tonight it is my prayer that I would not find my worth and identity in this new role that I will have, but rather I would find my identity in Christ alone.
We are so excited... can't wait for this new journey!!
Comments
Post a Comment