What used to be the phrase I hated hearing the most is now one of the greatest compliments I can receive.
"You are just like your mother."
I hated hearing this from church ladies, family members who sometimes did not even know me (or so I thought), and most of all my dad.
I've come to love these words because I can't think of a better woman for me to resemble. My moms servant heart as a mother, daughter, sister, teacher, grandmother and so much more shines through to me in all she does. Each day is another step towards becoming a Proverbs 31 woman, a woman like my mother.
Someday I hope to have a daughter too. I hope I can set as good of an example as my mom did for me. And I hope those same words will come to be a compliment to her one day...
I love you mom. Happy birthday. You are a beautiful woman. I wouldn't be here without ya!
"You are just like your mother."
I hated hearing this from church ladies, family members who sometimes did not even know me (or so I thought), and most of all my dad.
I've come to love these words because I can't think of a better woman for me to resemble. My moms servant heart as a mother, daughter, sister, teacher, grandmother and so much more shines through to me in all she does. Each day is another step towards becoming a Proverbs 31 woman, a woman like my mother.
Someday I hope to have a daughter too. I hope I can set as good of an example as my mom did for me. And I hope those same words will come to be a compliment to her one day...
I love you mom. Happy birthday. You are a beautiful woman. I wouldn't be here without ya!

Comments
Post a Comment