The week before the wedding was such a unique yet great week! I stayed at my parents house for the week so it would be easier to finish up final details for the wedding, and so I could move out of the duplex where I was living so my friend could move in while we were on our honeymoon. The weeks prior to this I had been slowly taking clothes to Mark's house, which would soon be mine. Looking back, I am so thankful I did this, because at this point, all my stuff is settled and I came home to a home that already felt like mine once we were married!
At the beginning of the week my mom and I spent a few hours in the sun, which was our favorite way to spend the final wedding process! I didn't feel like I had a TON to do the week before, until Wednesday hit and it seemed as though my to-do list got longer than what it was... After a couple of days of errends, I was good to go and everything went smooth.
Thursday for dinner, Mark and I ate with my parents. We had steaks, cheesy potatoes and fruit. YUM. Not only was dinner tasty, but it was fun just to sit and eat with Mark and my parents- even though we have done this many times before. This night was different. At one point during the conversations, Mark and my dad were both leaning back in there chairs, staring across the dinner table at my mom and I, as we were discussing how similar my mom and I are. They both were giving us the look as if to say, "We've known this forever, we're glad you're starting to realize it." As much as they were trying to tell us that-- those two were acting veryyy similar to each other as well, which kind of just warmed my heart. I suppose Mark will have to learn some things from my dad, as to how to deal with me ;) :)
We decorated the church Thursday night, which was a great thing to have off of our plate. A few of my friends came with to help decorate as well as Mark, my parents and Mark's mom and a family friend were there too.
Friday morning we decorated the Supervisor's Club (where the reception was held). We decorated for about 3 hours, and by the end of it, we were hungry yet satisfied with our decorating.
From there, the decorating crew went to have lunch at my parents house. My mom had BBQ Pork ready to go and Strawberry Spinach Salad (yum) and chips- (Doritos=my favvvv) ... needless to say it was great and delicious-as my mom's meals always are.
After lunch my mom and I went to look at our flowers to make sure everything was how we wanted them-- they were gorgeous!! Lindsey H and Elsa went to Hy-Vee for me during that time to order Mark a couple personalized donuts for the morning... then we all headed to IA nails where we met the rest of the bridesmaids to get our nails done.
After nails I had about an hour an a half to just relax before the rehearsal, with nothing to do but get ready. The rehearsal went great and ran very smoothly. We had dinner at the church after- which was Brown Bottle catered in-- DELICIOUS (I ate a lot of yummy food this week)
After the rehearsal, Mark's softball team had a game, which just so happened to be at 9:00 PM that Friday night. Mark was able to make the game in time, as well as about 30 other fans, many of whom were at the rehearsal. It was such a fun time, as everytime Mark got up to bat, everyone would yell for him and cheer so loud, no matter what he did. I think he was slightly embarrassed ;) :) The game was over quick, as they won by A LOT.. and I headed to my parents house to spend my last night as a single lady with my friends, 8 of us all piled into my bedroom :) Needless to say, I was restless all night, anxious for the morning to come...
More on the WEDDING DAY in the next post!!
At the beginning of the week my mom and I spent a few hours in the sun, which was our favorite way to spend the final wedding process! I didn't feel like I had a TON to do the week before, until Wednesday hit and it seemed as though my to-do list got longer than what it was... After a couple of days of errends, I was good to go and everything went smooth.
Thursday for dinner, Mark and I ate with my parents. We had steaks, cheesy potatoes and fruit. YUM. Not only was dinner tasty, but it was fun just to sit and eat with Mark and my parents- even though we have done this many times before. This night was different. At one point during the conversations, Mark and my dad were both leaning back in there chairs, staring across the dinner table at my mom and I, as we were discussing how similar my mom and I are. They both were giving us the look as if to say, "We've known this forever, we're glad you're starting to realize it." As much as they were trying to tell us that-- those two were acting veryyy similar to each other as well, which kind of just warmed my heart. I suppose Mark will have to learn some things from my dad, as to how to deal with me ;) :)
We decorated the church Thursday night, which was a great thing to have off of our plate. A few of my friends came with to help decorate as well as Mark, my parents and Mark's mom and a family friend were there too.
Friday morning we decorated the Supervisor's Club (where the reception was held). We decorated for about 3 hours, and by the end of it, we were hungry yet satisfied with our decorating.
From there, the decorating crew went to have lunch at my parents house. My mom had BBQ Pork ready to go and Strawberry Spinach Salad (yum) and chips- (Doritos=my favvvv) ... needless to say it was great and delicious-as my mom's meals always are.
After lunch my mom and I went to look at our flowers to make sure everything was how we wanted them-- they were gorgeous!! Lindsey H and Elsa went to Hy-Vee for me during that time to order Mark a couple personalized donuts for the morning... then we all headed to IA nails where we met the rest of the bridesmaids to get our nails done.
| My husband to be!!! |
| With my Bridesmaids! |
| Lovely Friends :) |
After the rehearsal, Mark's softball team had a game, which just so happened to be at 9:00 PM that Friday night. Mark was able to make the game in time, as well as about 30 other fans, many of whom were at the rehearsal. It was such a fun time, as everytime Mark got up to bat, everyone would yell for him and cheer so loud, no matter what he did. I think he was slightly embarrassed ;) :) The game was over quick, as they won by A LOT.. and I headed to my parents house to spend my last night as a single lady with my friends, 8 of us all piled into my bedroom :) Needless to say, I was restless all night, anxious for the morning to come...
More on the WEDDING DAY in the next post!!
Comments
Post a Comment