I have recently been having urges to keep blogging to record my thoughts throughout the day. I love looking back at old things I write in my journals and just know that these posts will be fun to look back and read someday. Plus, I really have no "followers" or readers, so that just makes it better!
The small things in life (AKA BLESSINGS) have recently been on my mind and have been things I have been cherishing and holding on to. In this last week of school, finals week, with summer approaching, I have found myself sitting with very little motivation finish strong and an appetite for "the small things."
Tonight, I had the privilege of sitting down to dinner with my entire family, after we prayed for Lisa, as she is headed to Ankeny for a new journey and new job. I wish nights like these were more frequent, when my whole family could sit around the dinner table and enjoy each other presence. (This usually happens every Sunday, but somehow, this felt different) Then I headed to (another) dinner with my girlies. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was great, and I always enjoy their presence. I will miss those friendships over the summer!
This leads me to where I am now, finding yet another way to avoid studying for my last two finals. 8:00 AM will surely come early tomorrow, so I best get studying.
I hope to keep hold of and mark all of the wonderful small things and blessings that remind me of God's love for me each day! For now, I will go study, and muster up the motivation to finish my second year of college strong.
The small things in life (AKA BLESSINGS) have recently been on my mind and have been things I have been cherishing and holding on to. In this last week of school, finals week, with summer approaching, I have found myself sitting with very little motivation finish strong and an appetite for "the small things."
Tonight, I had the privilege of sitting down to dinner with my entire family, after we prayed for Lisa, as she is headed to Ankeny for a new journey and new job. I wish nights like these were more frequent, when my whole family could sit around the dinner table and enjoy each other presence. (This usually happens every Sunday, but somehow, this felt different) Then I headed to (another) dinner with my girlies. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was great, and I always enjoy their presence. I will miss those friendships over the summer!
This leads me to where I am now, finding yet another way to avoid studying for my last two finals. 8:00 AM will surely come early tomorrow, so I best get studying.
I hope to keep hold of and mark all of the wonderful small things and blessings that remind me of God's love for me each day! For now, I will go study, and muster up the motivation to finish my second year of college strong.
Comments
Post a Comment